Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Pettet

Hello. I'm new to the electronics hobby (background is as a physician and wannabe software developer).

I received a Chinese electronics kit as a kit from my wife with tons of components in it. I've figured out what all of the pieces except for the three. Could anyone help me to work out what they are?

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The first is a breadboard power supply - the 4 pins at the bottom marked +/- should plug into the power rails of a breadboard. Second and third look like LEDs /photodiodes - probably IR.

Mike.

hi,
A little technical info on the PSU.
E
component-1.jpg

I think the second device is a temperature sensor.

Connect supply (+5V or +3.3V should do) to the + pin, connect 0V to the - pin, connect a voltmeter to the middle pin, then watch voltage change a small amount when you heat the sensor with fingers.

I think the second device is a temperature sensor.

Connect supply (+5V or +3.3V should do) to the + pin, connect 0V to the - pin, connect a voltmeter to the middle pin, then watch voltage change a small amount when you heat the sensor with fingers.
Thanks. I think you're right. I connected it to 5V and GND with a voltmeter and the voltage changes when I wrap may hand around it.

That board is exactly as Eric labeled it. There is no 5V or 3.3V in. The input is as Eric labeled it being the 7 to 12 VDC and using regulators you have 5V and 3.3V outputs. Eric has clearly marked the regulators and identified where and how jumpers may be placed to select outputs.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back