Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identifying Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

linguist

I need some help identifying a few components.
The Circuit is a CDI Unit out of an old Yamaha motorcycle & is obviously dead at the moment, the large capacitor has been removed from the circuit & not shown.

Four pictures attached in the Zip File, No1 shows a metal can component with no markings at all.
Pictures 2 & 3 show a green component again with no markings?
Next to the green component in pictures 2 & 3 is something that has a braided cloth around the outside, I need to identify this as well.

Picture 4 shows shows 4 blue & white components with blue dots on them, Transorbs?

Any help Identifying these components & maybe some specs would be very helpful or replacemant values!

Thanks

Last edited:
Pict 2 & 3 the green object is an SCR & this will almost certainly be the faulty component. Most CDIs ive repaired the SCR is what fails. A replacement BT151 SCR.

Last edited:
Another option is this kit KC5466 from Jaycar Electronics for around $20. Ive built them & used them on small engines that the CDI unit has failed. Oops wrong picture.

Last edited:
Thanks debe,

I'll test the SCR & see how I go, I'm just drawing the circuit at the moment to try to work out how it all works, makes it hard when there are mystery components in the circuit.

I have made a simillar circuit to the jaycar one shown a while back for a small stationary motor but at this stage I am not sure how to connect something like that to this motorcycle.

I'll check a few things out & get back to you.
Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back