Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying capacitor and zener diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xborda

Hi there, brand new here!

I'm attempting to repair a subwoofer that doesn't out put any sound. I've identified and removed two faulty components, a capacitor and a zener diode.
Now I need your help identifying them. A pic of the capacitor is attached, and also the zener diode. The diode is marked with "Z18B"
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

That's a film capacitor .1uF and 250volts. The markings on the zener don't seem to match the numbers you gave, but I can't see what they are from the picture. If it's a z18b, it's an 18v zener, and probably .5 watts. You'd have to take it out and look carefully all the way around it. Did you test it? Can you find another zener on the board with the same markings?
That said, I doubt those are the causes of your failure. You'll have to do a lot more testing other than quick visuals! Check all the electrolytics and solder joints too.

Thanks hyedenny for the quick response, I removed the zener and had to magnify and rotate it to read it. As far as I can tell that's all that is marked on it, and it is definitely Z18B, I will have a look for more of the same type though and post any further findings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back