Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identify HP YIG 5086-7096

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP YIG oscillator with part number 5086-7096.
I am trying to build a spectrum analyzer in the 0 to 2 GHZ range.
Does some kind member know about the pinout, supply voltages, driver current and so forth about this YIG Osc?
I will truly appreciate any help as so far my search has come up with nil.
I could possibly have been used in an HP 8620 S/A drawer but I could not find any info there. I have not the service manual for the RF section, only the main frame.

Thanks,

Azzy

quick google search yielded bunch of links including
**broken link removed**

Thanks Panicmode.

You referred me back to my own querry. I was the OP there.

The answer I got does not seem to be correct. Tracing the small I/F board mounted on the YIG osc. I found.....
..On the SIP connector on the side of the YIG..
pin1. positive supply unknown voltage, protected with a shunt diode+ tantal (35V) .
pin2 fm coil 1.2 ohms
pin3 main coil (seems to be two coils in series connection on the small board mounted on the YIG total 47 ohms)
pin4 main coil return.
pin5 fm coil return.
Here vacant pin position, not numbered.
pin6 a negative supply via series diode plus protected with series 68 ohm series resistor and shunt protective diode + 20V Tantal capacitor . actual working Voltage unknown.
pin7 another negative supply via series diode plus protected with series 160 ohm resistor and shunt diode and capacitor (20V) . Voltage unknown.
pin 8 Goes to ground
The label on the YIG refers to the Ia and Io ( amplifier current and oscillator current), Ia= 64mA Ra = 68.1 Ohms and Io= 25mA Ro =162 Ohms.
This matches the resistances above. Is that a coincidence? I don't know. Probably not.

I need to determine the nominal voltage of supply on pin1 and particular, and , pin 6 and pin7.

Thanks for the help, I am still slightly short of my needs, as of now.

Azzy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back