Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identify a possible Arch Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Fox Fire

This is from a 30 year old Brad Nelson Phaser he made back in the days when he made a few for Gene R. No joke. I'm in the process of backward engineering the circuts and trying to ID two of the parts in the process of making the circut diagram for reconstruction and repair. I took it apart 7 years ago when it failed, not knowing a thing about electronics.

**broken link removed**

Someone mentioned this is an Arch Switch. It has two metal ends with a glass casing. This, I believe, has something to do with the combination of the krypton bulb and the sound output. Can anyone confirm if this is one?

P.S. Glad to be a part of the forum

It's difficulat to tell from the poor quality photograph.

It could be a voltage regulator for all I know.

It looks a little like an arc suppressor that is fitted to telephone sockets but, as Hero states, it's hard to tell with such a bad photo.

Mike.

I'd have a better 3D render than my current camera could take a picture of. Sorry about that. I'll try to post a better picture later on this afternoon. Thanks for the help so far.

Wow, I went to the surface mount version and it's a dead ringer for it. Since the older devices used glass while the newer ones use ceramic, as you stated, it makes perfect sense. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back