Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! I want to build a electronic circuit for science fair. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMark

I am building a electronic project for science fair. I am skilled at building electronics circuits. I want to build something amazing but easy enough to be understand by people who do not know electronics.
Example:
Power bank or cellphone charger
LED Paradise
Please Help me!

Sound (hand-clap, whistle etc) -activated flashing lights?

Or basic and amazing detectors like in www.techlib.com/electronics
- batteryless AM radio (Crystal radio)
- static charge or cloud charge detector
- Lightning detector
- Line noise detector
- ion chamber
- electric field detector produced by car's tyre or honey bee
- two transistor siren generator
- single or two transistor AM radio etc

Last edited:
I made a spark gap radio transmitter like Guglielmo Marconi did. A un-tuned transmitter is very simple.
I used a crystal receiver.
Sent code 2 feet.

I made a spark gap radio transmitter like Guglielmo Marconi did. A un-tuned transmitter is very simple.
I used a crystal receiver.
Sent code 2 feet.
Felt interesting to know how actually Marconi discovered the radio technology. Are there any detail (but basic) description just to see its operating concept.

But Tesla discovered it before Macaroni, didnt he? His tesla oscillator functioned in much the same way as Marconi's spark gap transmitter.

(misspelled on purpose-hehe)

Felt interesting to know how actually Marconi discovered the radio technology. Are there any detail (but basic) description just to see its operating concept.
It has been 50 years ago that I read a book on Marconi. I think he was at the kitchen table. His transmitter was made of two frying pans. A battery gave power to the pans. One was positive and one negative. The handles were pushed together to where the voltage would spark across. I think the receiver was also two frying pans with the handles almost touching. Sparks flew. (probably my memory is a little off)

He was not the first to do this. The transmitter/receiver was not tuned to a frequency. He did not call call this "radio".
Also see; James Clerk Maxwell, David E. Hughes, Nikola Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back