Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!!! I need Lcd backlight reflector plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedo35

hi. when i clean of my mp3 player. i made demage with chemical cleaner. now you are seeing clouds behind of lcd. I want to chance that reflector plastic. size is 70x45x1 (or maybe 1.5mm) mm. I searched at google who is selling of this reflectors or separe parts but unfortunately i coudnt find. Somebody knows a advice or selling address or so.
Plsssssssssss i need help.
I FOUND THIS ADRESS BUT producer compony.
Lumex : LED & LCD Solutions : Product

I remember one time that i damaged a LCD monitor with chemical cleaner and the imaged was all blurry.
I dissassembled the monitor and removed a very thin acrylic "glass" from the front of the LCD matrix and the image was ok.
I replaced the acrylic "glass" with a new one.

Thats problably your problem the acrylic glass that protects the LCD matrix was damaged.
I went to a hardware store and had them cut a acrylic glass with the same dimentions. The big problem was the thickness os the acrylic that was about 1mm thick.
But i manage to find a hardware store that was specialized in acrylics and they cut me a acrylic piece with the exact same dimentions.

Hi.
If it is a white diffuser (not reflector), it can be salvaged from a defunct lcd monitor or tv and cut to dimensions. If it is the topmost polarizer film, same solution but needs very skilled hands and total cleanliness to peel, cut and re-apply. If it is a silver true reflector, try same source. I probably have several of each in my parts bins.

Anyway, to replace those films, it has to be dismantled. If you are there already, try cleaning the 'clouds' with some other fluid, perhaps alcohol.

you can try using toothpaste as a polishing compound. use a fine, lint-free cloth to rub it out. If tooth polish doesn't work try something stronger like automobile polishing compound and if not that then use rubbing compound, working backward to finer grit polish like polishing compound. Remember whatever you try, it will require much hand rubbing to get fair to decent results. This is not a wipe on/wipe off quick fix. If none of this works then you need to cut and apply a new acrylic sheet over the LCD display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back