Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help how does this current transducer work

Status
Not open for further replies.

eioj

could someone help me on how does this current transducer works?

I'm clueless about the function of each pins.
please help me figure it out. thanks.

**broken link removed** This is the current transducer that i have. and I dont know the function of each pins.
thanks.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Load this page. Which of the listed sensors do you have?

that's actually the problem. i have the CSNE151-104 sensor. which is not listed in there.
and the one I have, has a 9pins current transducer. and most of the sensors that was listed in the datasheet has 13 or 3 pins.

Then your guestion should have been: "does anybody have a data sheet for the obsolete CSNE151-104 sensor?"

There is a forum for that.

Then your guestion should have been: "does anybody have a data sheet for the obsolete CSNE151-104 sensor?"

There is a forum for that.

really? i cant find one. I even tried googling it and the results would be different.
and the datasheets that I have found was all about the 11pins.

Hello,

The best i could find was the following...

Pins 1 to 5 are for Iin the current to be measured input pins,
pins 6 to 10 are for Iout the current to be measured output pins,
the pin marked "+" is for the positive voltage supply which +15v dc,
the pin marked "-" is for the -15v supply voltage (the -15v supply negative lead),
Zero volts would then be the common connection of the +15 and -15 supply voltages.
the pin marked "O/P" is the output which goes to RM and the other lead of resistor RM goes to zero volts (ground).
The nominal coil resistance is 110 ohms at 70 degrees C.
Output signal is 25ma for 25 amps. The load resistor goes from output to ground which is zero volts.

The unit is for 25 amps RMS current max. The case is polycarbonate plastic.

If there are no physical markings as above then hold the case in front of you so you can see the bottom clearly. Orient the case so that the three wide spaced pins are on the bottom. The pin numbering is then as follows...

On the top row of 5 pins, they are numbered from left to right 1,2,3,4,5,
on the middle row of 5 pins they are numbered from left to right 10,9,8,7,6,
and the bottom three pins are identified from left to right as "-","+', "O/P".

So the positive supply terminal is the middle pin of the three in a row, and the left most pin is the negative power supply pin, and the far right is the O/P pin.
The 'input' current then goes to the top row of pins, all pins, and the
'output' current goes to the middle row of 5 pins, all pins.
The output signal is taken from the pin at the far right (of the three pin row).
Note the input and output current above is just the current to be measured. The output signal itself is the O/P pin.

rough diagram:

Code:
[BOTTOM VIEW]

1o  2o  3o  4o  5o  (measured current pin A, all pins connected together to form first lead)

10o  9o  8o  7o  6o  (measured current pin B, all these pins connected together to form second lead)

o          o           o
 -          +          O/P
(minus)  (plus)     (output signal)

Last edited:
Thanks it helps.

but you see I have the 9 pins document_34788849-CA29-5D47-C69E72F758698F9C.jpg.
Is it differnt than the 11pins that you gave? or it is the same?

Thanks it helps.

but you see I have the 9 pins View attachment 71363.
Is it differnt than the 11pins that you gave? or it is the same?

Hello,

I think your best bet at this point is to take some pictures of your device: top, bottom, from two different sides and we can see what it looks like in real life. Maybe some pins are broken off. All the information for that part number CNSE151 show 13 pins NOT 11 pins. The 10 upper pins are connected as i had shown or differently for different primary turns.
Post the pics here.

Otherwise you'd have to measure the resistance of all the pins, one to the other, to see where the windings are. That's last resort. It is probably that the larger group of pins is for the primary and the three pins together for the power supplies and output pins. But we cant be sure of the voltages unless it's actually that part (that would then be plus and minus 15 volts).

Hi!

IMG0298A.jpgIMG0297A.jpgIMG0295A.jpg this is the photo of the current transducer that I have. It has 9 pins, that's why I'm having a hard time figuring the pins function.

the part number that was written at product is MYS 01 CSNE151-104.

I know vendors sometimes "customize" their products for a specific application. They append letters or numbers to a catalog component to indicate certain customization. That could be the meaning of the -104 suffix.
If that is the case, then you have to go MrAl's route as explained in his last paragraph.

Hello again,

Well if you cant find any other info about it you may have to contact the manufacturer and hope they can come up with something. Otherwise, try measuring the resistance of the 6 pin set on the left and see it they look like separate primary coils. It will be hard to tell which pin on the right is positive and negative however.

Hi!!

Thanks MrAl, I'll try you're suggestion.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Hello again,

Well if you cant find any other info about it you may have to contact the manufacturer and hope they can come up with something. Otherwise, try measuring the resistance of the 6 pin set on the left and see it they look like separate primary coils. It will be hard to tell which pin on the right is positive and negative however.

Hello schmitt trigger!

Thanks for the information. I also think that I should use me MrAl's route.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know vendors sometimes "customize" their products for a specific application. They append letters or numbers to a catalog component to indicate certain customization. That could be the meaning of the -104 suffix.
If that is the case, then you have to go MrAl's route as explained in his last paragraph.

Hello again,

Post your pdf here in this thread.

I found a similar one too, and it appears that the three terminals that stand alone are:
Minus
Plus
O/P
with the O/P pin nearest the case on the right.
The voltage is probably plus and minus 15 volts. If you want to try plus and minus 5v first that's up to you, then go higher.

The O/P pin however requires a resistor to the ground lead of the two power supplies. Since this model puts out 12.5ma that means a 400 ohm resistor would produce a 5v full scale voltage, but you may want to go slightly under that value to allow for a peak a little higher.

The 6 pins are most likely three primary windings, where the starts and finishes of each winding are the pairs of pins (so you have three pairs). You can wind them in parallel for max currernt sensing, or in series for min current sensing. Since the max rated current is 25 amps, in parallel you could sense 25 amps and in series about 8 amps.

Here's a quick drawing showing the three windings and the two supply connections and the OP pin:

Code:
 o  o  o
 {  {  {    o  o  o
 o  o  o    -  +  OP

the pdf file I found

View attachment Honeywell CSN MR.pdfView attachment Honeywell CSN MR.pdf
this is the file I found.

Hello again,

Post your pdf here in this thread.

I found a similar one too, and it appears that the three terminals that stand alone are:
Minus
Plus
O/P
with the O/P pin nearest the case on the right.
The voltage is probably plus and minus 15 volts. If you want to try plus and minus 5v first that's up to you, then go higher.

The O/P pin however requires a resistor to the ground lead of the two power supplies. Since this model puts out 12.5ma that means a 400 ohm resistor would produce a 5v full scale voltage, but you may want to go slightly under that value to allow for a peak a little higher.

The 6 pins are most likely three primary windings, where the starts and finishes of each winding are the pairs of pins (so you have three pairs). You can wind them in parallel for max currernt sensing, or in series for min current sensing. Since the max rated current is 25 amps, in parallel you could sense 25 amps and in series about 8 amps.

Here's a quick drawing showing the three windings and the two supply connections and the OP pin:

Code:
 o  o  o
 {  {  {    o  o  o
 o  o  o    -  +  OP

Hello again,

Ok, but your device doesnt have those two extra pins right? That would be for the 5 volt power supply.

So our best guess so far is as i posted previously. You can try 5 volts first though, and the drawing you show also shows us the primary connections for three different sense currents.

Hi,

Yup, I Don't have those extra pins. I'll try it first.
Thanks MrAl.:D:D:D

Hello again,

Ok, but your device doesnt have those two extra pins right? That would be for the 5 volt power supply.

So our best guess so far is as i posted previously. You can try 5 volts first though, and the drawing you show also shows us the primary connections for three different sense currents.

Hi again MrAl,

I have this Diagram, I was wondering on where would I get this Io and Ii? would that be the "+","-" DC that was coming from the load? I'm really confuse.
a.JPG

Thanks.

Check this drawing...

Attachments

• cs1.gif
    cs1.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 419
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back