Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help how can i convert a satelite dish to recieve internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will only have a transmitting LNB if it's already an internet satellite system - personally I've never seen one.

But basically you need the dish, suitable special LNB, suitable special receiver/transmitter, and an account with that particular internet provider.

There was a phone company in the UK a few years ago, that used satellite dishes, they went out of business and now I can't remember what they were called.

There are a couple in the US. Directway, Direct Tv. But when they started, it down was via sat and up via a land line. Now I hear they go both ways, but I heard the latency is really bad and with TCP/IP being packets, it might not be very fast. This was years ago, so they might have fixed it now with special software on the computer.

This guy keeps asking the same question over and over.
Does he think that it is an easy fix using a 555 and a high brightness LED?

What part of "NO" doesn't he understand?

JimB

There was a phone company in the UK a few years ago, that used satellite dishes, they went out of business and now I can't remember what they were called.

I remember now it was Ionica but I was wrong, they didn't use satellite technology.

**broken link removed**)

In Thailand we use bi-directional woks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back