Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help:Heatsink types

Status
Not open for further replies.

gholamghar

Hello
I am working on a Heat transfer project and I should choose a heatsink for my project,the problem is i am not familiar with different typess of heatsinks very well and i need to know what are different types of Heatsinks.in wikipedia in this page:
Heat sink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i found out there are pin fin, straight fin and flared heat sink types but i need to know more types of heat sinks,is there any sites,webpages,pdfs, articles ... that has described or demonstrated differ types of Heatsinks?
I really really appreciate if anyone could help me about this.
Thanks in advance

Start by **broken link removed** Yes, there are literally hundreds of styles and designs of heat sinks out there. I suggest you start with determining how much heat from how much area you want to move or dissipate. Since nobody knows your goal or project it is sort of hard to make suggestions. You have an open ended question with countless answers.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back