Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help getting started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stovebolter

I am trying to apply much of what I know and intend to learn toward my hobby.....hot rods.

Right now I'm trying to design a single momentary switched circuit (start/stop) to latch a relay, or two. It will have to be done in three phases.

Pressing button once will latch the ignition relay and fuel pump relay and keep it on until the third phase.

Pressing the button twice and holding it will engage the start solonoid relay until released.

Pressing the button the third time will release the latched relay in the first phase via a normally closed switch in the latching portion of the first relay and then reset.

I am thinking I will have to learn again about timers and or a counter. I've been up all night trying to figure this out.

Can someone help? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

This can be done using a counter/flip-flip and logic gates or could could save yourself the bother and use a microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back