Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help from the Electrical Guru's (small project need to ask some questions on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstewy

Hi All, excuse the newbyness of this question, however I was wondering if some of you might be able to help.

at the moment I have a remote controller that controls a valve in my car exhaust but due to the crappy design of the remote the battery inside keeps coming loose.

what I was thinking of doing was to make a hard wire switch using the chip board inside the remote and hooking it up to a 12V source inside my car (ie. car stereo power cable) - refer picture.

Basically the valve i nthe exhaust has 3 modes, open full - half open and closed. what type of switch would be appropriate to use and how would it work into the diagram i've drawn up?

does what I've drawn A: make sense & B: seem feasible?

Any help appreciated
Ben

Attachments

• circuit diagram..jpg
    circuit diagram..jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 167
Ill have to check the voltage of the remote. - ok, the battery for the remote reads 27A 12V and labelled as a "High Voltage Alkaline Battery"

but basically my little picture above works?

or would i need to try something like this? (taking into account, i'm doing away with the remote) *just using the chip board*

Attachments

• circuit diagram2..jpg
    circuit diagram2..jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back