Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for Sound sensitive light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viksh17

Hi guys..
For a school project i will be adding an audio sensitive circuit which will control led stripes that are powered by 12v power supply.

the thing is that i viewed much schematics and that is confusing me and i cnt find the right one.
i uploaded a few which i think might work for me.(Some of it is from audioGuru...IT IS NOT MINE)
View attachment Led sound.gifView attachment LEDs flickering to the music.PNG Sound Level Indicator schematic.PNGView attachment sound_to_light_with_envelope_detector_small.jpg

can u guys help me completing it..and the the circuit i would like to add another one which will enable 1 led strip to react only to bass and another one react to other frequency.
this is the part i dont know wat to do..dnt even have schematics for it..

plz anyone help me!
i got to finish it by the 25 august!

Last edited:
Thats alot of stuff you dont need, I would just run the 12volt through a transistor (powerfull enough) and on the base hook up a resistor to the capacitor (find values with transistor datasheet), the capacitor must be the right ferads for your frequency cancelation and then when some bass drops or high frequencys your led's will light up...

Not sure if it will work but its like 4 parts and its good to go... I can test if you'd like?

I guess the OP wants a circuit acting at different frequencies.

Here is his (partial) functional description:

and the the circuit i would like to add another one which will enable 1 led strip to react only to bass and another one react to other frequency.

A crossover network (filter) should do the job.

Last edited:
0.05uf or 0.1uf will give you bass only...

I am not sure what you would need for higher frequencys.

EDIT:

Make sure not to use electrolytic! Run it in as if it were an amp,

Notice the input capcitor:
View attachment 66389

Last edited:
0.05uf or 0.1uf will give you bass only...

I am not sure what you would need for higher frequencys.

EDIT:

Make sure not to use electrolytic! Run it in as if it were an amp,

Notice the input capcitor:
View attachment 66389
I know you are trying to help, but you are just leading our OP on a wild goose chase. Your latest circuit will BLOCK bass, and pass only higher frequencies, unless, of course, you make the RC time constant large enough to also pass the bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back