Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for serial port and micro intrefacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone

I have a schematic which i am attaching.i want to use it and transmit data. can anyone of you suggest me the exact pins at which i have to connect the RXD and TXD pins of serial port i am a bit new to microcontrollers.i have checked the datasheet but i think those ports are already preoccupied by the oscillators in the circuit i provided

Attachments

• shematic.gif
    shematic.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 152
i dont need any assistance of the working of the circuit. just suggest the ports and the way to connect the serial port to the micro ATmega32.
can anyone please help me out

Let's hear a cheer for incidental benign neglect. ATMega 32's are not something with wide familiarity apparently.

Why not use 12F629, it has only 8 pins. :(

For god sake, the Mega32 is a 40 pin device and someone recommends a 18-pin device in another uC family as a better choice???

eblc1388 said:
Why not use 12F629, it has only 8 pins. :(

For god sake, the Mega32 is a 40 pin device and someone recommends a 18-pin device in another uC family as a better choice???

In fact, why not just use a pushbutton and an LED, that's only 2 pins! transmit by pressing the button just right, and recieve by decoding the flashing of the LED! :D

Make Sure That The (rx,tx) Pins Of Serial Communication Are Not
Occupied By Any Connection And Go On,,then Any Pic Could The Job

eblc1388 said:
Opinion is just that. Fair, balanced and unafraid!
ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back