Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for scrolling led displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi, i want to connect output of of my AND gates to 7447 ic for scrolling led, please tell which buffer ic should be prefer for less distortion with some gain??

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 1.asc
    12.1 KB · Views: 159
Hi, i want to connect output of of my AND gates to 7447 ic for scrolling led, please tell which buffer ic should be prefer for less distortion with some gain??

hi,
Either a 74LS341 or 74LS344 Octal non inverting buffer IC's would work.
There are a nunber of different types of Octal non inverting buffer IC's available.

Hi, i want to change the position of glowing led, for better understanding i have posted pics. as i am transmitting my signal from AND gates to displays by 4017 ic, as the freq. is very high due to which the position of displays changes.
eg: when i want to switch on display 1, display 5 on due to which whole process (or signal) mix up.

Attachments

• 1234.JPG
    1234.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 288
It sounds as though your gating logic is not complete.?

I would advise that for debugging/testing, you slow down the 555 oscillator, say to 1Hz frequency.
In that way you should see the led pattern of 'dots' [lit] more clearly, checking for any incorrect logic states.

Last edited:
Ok, please tell circuit for delaying rectangular (square) wave.

A higher value of capacitor on the timing pin of the 555, say a 100k resistor and a 10uF cap, it doesn't have to be precise.

No, i want to delays any square wave signal pulse.
eg: the signal need should be same but i should come after by .5 or 1 seconds.

No, i want to delays any square wave signal pulse.
eg: the signal need should be same but i should come after by .5 or 1 seconds.

If you want to delay the 555 from running, use the 555 RESET pin, via a 47K resistor to +Vs and a push button to hold the RESET low while you press it.

If you need an automatic delay time use another 555 timer configured as a Monostable to delay the osc 555, again use the RESET pin on the osc 555..

Last edited:
I already posted my circuit theme.

Attachments

• 1234.JPG
    1234.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Ok so thats a "theme". We need your schematic of the 555 timer part.

Hi, its simple common 555 circuit. and i am asking circuit for delaying pulses(i.e. not at equal interval time) live my circuit whatever it is i need to delay any any time of Rectangular waves.!!

Hi, its simple common 555 circuit. and i am asking circuit for delaying pulses(i.e. not at equal interval time) live my circuit whatever it is i need to delay any any time of Rectangular waves.!!

This is an example on how to control the duty cycle and frequency.

Attachments

• FencePulser.gif
    FencePulser.gif
    42.5 KB · Views: 196
Hi, i think you are not getting me, i am asking a circuit for delaying any sought of signal..!!

Hi, i think you are not getting me, i am asking a circuit for delaying any sought of signal..!!

Ritesh, this what you said:
**broken link removed** Originally Posted by RITESH KAKKAR **broken link removed**

I think I am not getting you, is because you are not describing fully the problem.

Sometimes a simple diagram will help explain the point you are asking.

i am asking a circuit for delaying any sought of signal..!!
Depends on the signal.
What sort of signal?
Is this for the scrolling led display?
For testing the display just change the 555 timer for now and then put it back when you are done.

Depends on the signal.
What sort of signal?
Is this for the scrolling led display?
For testing the display just change the 555 timer for now and then put it back when you are done.

hi, my signal is some thing like square wave from 555 ic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back