Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for Proteus Ares, definig components to use only bottom copper before auto route

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozgur84

Hello everybody,

I am quite new with Ares and I have lots of terminal blocks and a L298 motor driver on the circuit design.

I use the auto route option after placing the components on the board. However, especially terminal blocks and L298 are easy to solder when the connections are on the bottom copper layer. Later these connections can be transferred to the top copper with "through hole via" connections.

I wonder whether there is a way to define these connections on the bottom copper layer before using auto route. Otherwise it will take too long to place "via" connections manually.

Regards

Just after I had posted this thread, I found the solution by myself. this is how it works:

1. select the proper connection geometry (square or round) and size form "through hole pad placements" from the sidebar
2. select the layer which you want to place the solder pads (top copper, bottom copper etc.)
3. place the through hole pads, which you want to assign to a specific layer, on the existing connections of the footprint
4. run auto route and it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back