Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for power regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craziboyi

I was designing a power supply from 60HZ using faradays current law. I have used a coil which will give me 100A at primary 1V at secondary. It can go upto 25KA and down to 50A. I want to limit the voltage at secondary at 25V.
At 25KA the secondary will be 200V. This fault current can stay upto 200mS. How can I limit this voltage at 25V across the coil.

I thought of using a MOV or TVS. But the MOV it is rated for 8/20Us and TVS 10/1000us. I dont think TVS/MOV can dissipate 200V to 25V for 200ms. Whether am I correct?

Can please anyone suggest a compoenet that can do this purpose? Please help. Thanks.

Sorry but your post makes no sense at all.
Can you draw a schematic of what you are trying to do?

JimB

Its just is there any device or component that can clamp the 200V input to 25V for 200ms without failure? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back