Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for my IR receiver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaya raja

i made this exact circuit which i took from a website,but i was unable to get the o/p. could anybody help me by seeing whether this circuit is correct or wrong?????

Attachments

• IR receiver.png
    IR receiver.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
i made this exact circuit which i took from a website,but i was unable to get the o/p. could anybody help me by seeing whether this circuit is correct or wrong?????

hi,
What are you using as an IR emitter, example. old TV remote.??

1) The IR receiver IC is missing a 4.7uF capacitor between its pins 1 and 2 as shown on its datasheet.
2) The CD4017 does not have a power-up reset circuit so it powers up at any count and you might need to press buttons on the remote a few times before it resets itself.
3) The TSOP1738 operates best from a 38kHz remote. Your remote might work at another carrier frequency.

i am also using the same circuit,what is the need for using the 4.7uF????
It filters away any noise from the power supply and it provides a low impedance supply that most IC circuits need. The low impedance prevents a signal from one part of the IC from feeding wrongly into another part of the IC through the power supply.
The IR receiver IC is a fairly complicated circuit with many parts that are shown on its datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back