Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for IR detcting circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan1986

I am trying to do a circuit that detects object presence or absence using modulated IR rays(to avoid other IR sources) by using LM567 to modulate the IR-LED and to detect the reflected frequency , i got the circuit diagram and i understand the theory of operation but the problem is i don`t fully understand the details of LM567 and that makes some connections mysterious to me here is the circuit :
**broken link removed**
the VCO should produce pulses at certain frequencies that should force the LED to produce IR rays at same frequency then detected by phototransistor and entered to the chip to be compared to the original frequency if it is in the BW pin 8 should be low , I DON`T UNDERSTAND WHY THE CIRCLED THINGS ARE CONNECTED IN THAT WAY AND WHAT THEY DO??????
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back