Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for High Current PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric_EyE

I need to adapt an app note for a DRV101 FET driver. All I am doing is substituting a powerMOSFET. In the schematic there's a resistor. I guess it's some sort of bias resistor... What other changes may I have to make to make this baby switch 100+ Amps at 12V from 5Hz-500kHz.

The original MOSFET is the IRF4905, datasheet here:http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/irf/irf4905.pdf

The substitute power MOSFET I want to use is here: **broken link removed**

The MOSFET driver is here: **broken link removed**

MOSFET driver (DRV101) App note schematic:

Attachments

• fet driver.jpg
    fet driver.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,014
You are trying to substitute an N-channel mosfet for a P-channel mosfet. It won't work. You need to redesign the circuit.

Perhaps most important, if you want to keep the driver simple, the N-channel Source should be connected to ground, Drain to load, and Load to V+. In other words, N-channel mosfet designs are easiest when configured on the "low side." You will notice that every test circuit in the datasheet for the mosfet you plan to use is connected that way. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back