Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for fast optical to electrical converter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynwia

The project is to detect the onset/offset of pictures on a computer monitor (CRT or LCD). Monitor starts with a totally dark background, then a 300x300 picture appears for a few hundred milliseconds then switches to darkness, then another 300x300 picture, then dark background again...

Once the circuit detects optical change(darkness to pic, pic to darkness), it either immediately outputs a TTL pulse or changes it current status like a flipflop. The response time should be as small as possible and 1 millisecond is definitely the upper limit. (microseconds or even nanoseconds would be ideal)

I already made a simple circuit with TAOS TSL230R. It kind of works except its output is frequency (not a single pulse or constant voltage) and I have no idea of its response time.

The options in my mind Idea are

1.Arrow Go analog. For example, Idea Photodiode->op amps->voltage regulator (7805 ).

2.Arrow Digital. For example, Idea Photodiode->op amps->microcontroller (pic 12f675 )

Which one do you suggest?
Any specific parts/circuit solutions to recommend ?

Any info is highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back