Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! Flip Flop Switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody,

I'm new here so some help would be greatly appreciated, and if I am making mistakes in posting let me know!

I'm trying to build a bypass box for some guitar effects. 1 input, 1 output, and 2 3pdt pushbutton switches each linked to a send and return jack that the effects plug into.

Here's my goal, I turn on the first switch, want to switch to the other one and simply press the 2nd switch which turns off the first one, and then pressing the 2nd switch again to turn it off leaving both effects bypassed. As opposed to having to turn off the 1st switch then turn on the 2nd one. Is this type of switching done using a flip flop? Also, would this work in a set up with 4 switches? Always only having 1 switch activated at a time. Does anyone have any schematics or layout for this type of function? I've never done any work with flip flops.

I hope this made sense, thanks for your help in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back