Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help fixing a Kenwood KRF-V5300D Home Theatre Receiver PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertyHB

Recently I've had some problems with my amplifier. It started that every time i would turn it on from the power switch it would turn off after about 2 seconds (it was on component Video 2) On any other component like AUX or Video 1 it did work fine. I re-plugged the optic fiber cable (i think thats what its called - the one that transmits through light) and it began to work. This lasted for a few days. Finally, none of the components work and it turns off after two seconds no matter what it is set on. Could this be a problem with it over-heating? Or playing sound too loud. Any suggestions as i can't replace it readily.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks, Liberty.

Sounds like the processor within the amp is detecting a fault and shutting itself down.
A wild guess but possibly dc on the output or a power supply fault would be the first things I'd be looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back