Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help fixing a guitar Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrmidon

Hello all.

My friend charged me with fixing his guitar Amp. It looked to be a simple problem, which was simply that the input socket was broken, a small metal clip wasn't touching the input section when a plug was inserted. After noticing the the headfone socket was the same, i simply switched them as he wasn't going to use the headfone bit.

Hooked it all up and the power led lights, but there is no sound from the speaker. Not even when you crank up the gain and volume knobs. I'v looked over the tracks in case some solder was crossing somewhere but it all looks good.

The Amp simply says it's a 'Rocket 10' and a serial number on the back reads '0289394'. Internet searches only got me to expired links about a practice amp.

Anyone have any ideas or can think of anything to try?

Cheers.

Chances are, that the headphone socket cuts out the main speaker when it's in use.
If you have replaced it with a known 'dodgy' socket, then there's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back