Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding the right switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissstud

Hey I'm trying to set up a cooling system for my entertainment center. I don't want to get one of the seperate xbox fans or USB fans that runs off my xbox. Right now, I have a small fan that plugs into the power strip by itself. I like this, but I don't like having to seperately turn it on when I power up my xbox. Does anyone know if there's a switch that could plug into my xbox's USB that would allow a seperatly plugged in fan to turn on when my xbox turns on?

Thanks,
swissstud

Hi swissstud,
A solid state relay should work for that application. You will need to know the current demand of the fan and choose a relay that is controlled with the dc out from a usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back