Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Finding replacement fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

adellaripa

A fuse that is soldered onto a power supply burned up. I have been trying to find a replacement for it but i cannot find anything that looks like.

Fuse is cylindrical. Has two leads that passes through the PCB (i believe this is referrred to as a radial type fuse). Ther is a label with F5A/250Vac. THen on the fuse it has 330µF/200 V/ +85 Degrees Celcius/ Vent 1

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 248
That is a capacitor not a fuse. It has nothing to do with the sticker on it - its probably just convenient to put the sticker on that as its a large part.

The sticker appears to be stuck on to it to inform you what the fuse rating is - the fuse will be located on another part of the PCB.

Yep, I agree with picbits 100%. No clue why they put the sticker on that, but it's definitely a capacitor. There's also no apparent venting on the top of the cap so it looks like it's fine. Take some well focused overall pictures of both sides of the board and we may be able to identify the fuse location as there isn't anything in that image that looks like a fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back