Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding Datahsheet for S5085 and MX8260

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclearrambo

I tried looking for datasheets for the optical sensors found in logitech mice.

S5085 is an optical sensor. it also has some marking B1111AE

There is another mouse I have which has this optical sensor Mx8260 and along with it there is some IC MX8452FP.

Can anyone help me finding these datasheets? I have been looking around with no luck.

you can't always rely on what is written on semiconductors because the marking may be abbreviated or they use special one for particular customer. if you are interested to develop your own product around mouse sensor, consider Avago etc mouse chips that are readily available, order some samples or just buy them. they are cheap and then you know what are you dealing with (you can find datasheet etc.). some of the chips you may want to look at are
ADNS-3530 (LED)
ADNS-7550 (Laser)
PAW3601DH-NF (laser)

There's a decent chance that they're custom chips which means you'll never find a PDF for them. These sensors in modern mice are typically not actually sensors they're actually compound IC's that have all the decoding built in and they just output serial data as relative data. You could possibly reverse engineer the connection by using a logic probe on each line while it's operating, but panic mode's suggestion of simply buying an appropriate sensor with a fully detailed PDF is probably far easier, and they're not expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back