Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! DVD video out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermsk8er

I have a problem w/ my dvd player Magnasonic w/ model DVD805, the audio out was good but video out was malfunctioned. There is no video signal coming out.. Any any suggestion where i gonna start troubleshooting. Ignore the rca wires/connectors. Thanks in advance. :)

First and foremost, as you are probably aware, check the cable connection.

Does the DVD player have multiple output modes (composite, components, S-video, VGA or HDMI)? Which mode are you using? It is possible that the correct output is not set, so the video is not shown. For example, you connect the composite cable but set to component. Or, you connect a component cable, set to 1080p but the TV supports 720p only.

It is also possible that the DVD player is outputting an incompatible TV system, e.g. DVD player outputting NTSC while the TV only expects PAL. Most modern TVs (except those manufactured in the US, Japan, Korea and the like, many are for domestic use only and only support the TV system of their country only) are multi-system and can auto-switch between PAL/NTSC/SECAM, or provides a way for user to switch in the menu. But worth checking as well.

any cap behind the RCA sockets? trace them and measure their values (leakage, short, aging, breakdown, etc) , cuz u got Audio out, voltage supply will be considered after checking from output side.
but if your video chipset doesn't embed the audio features, that means your audio features is controlled by separate chipset, then may need to verify voltage supply for video part.
could be many other issues but just quote 2 only here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back