Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help DIY running lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanseth23

hey guys newbie here can someone help me on my project. im planning to make a chasing LED. the idea is LED are in line then it lights up one after the other and upon reaching the last the process is reversed. its like
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 so on...
your help is highly appreciated. TIA!

The easiest way would probably be to use a microprocessor with enough outputs to accomodate all the lights and just program it so that the lights alternate the way you described.

Otherwise, there are timer chips you can find that output square waves. If you had a timer for each led, and found a way to generate a delay between the different timers you might be able to do the same thing. This would be more involved though.

Paul Obrien said:
Try googling "Kitt scanner" as this basically one

Paul, just kidding from here.. But have to say it.

Does it make you feel old he had no idea that was what he wanted? :D

And thinks to himself KEWL (assuming a him), KITT, I like the extra T..

But it is funny, most of us here know the show? :eek:

David H. is still on TV here in the States with a new modern day GONG show.

mramos1 said:
David H. is still on TV here in the States ...
My understanding is that he has a huge following in Germany ...
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back