Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help discovering the RF external connector on this UMTS USB pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hi,

my girlfriend has ZTE USB UMTS pen, branded with an operator brand from my country (Portugal) and the model of this pen is MF632, I've searched a lot in Google but I had no success obtaining the connector information and I need this information, obviously to add an external UMTS antenna (she is working at a incredibly low coverage area... on the country...).

My guesses where that it is an CRC9 connector, but I would like your opinions before I spend money on an adapter.

Cheers.

Ohhh its a pen-drive sized modem! I googled it and didn't see any 'pens' (I'm slow...). Ok, well, for 3G, the frequency is roughly 2.1Ghz. I'm guessing because its rather a 'big' standard, they may have used a custom connector for the antenna. Many highly miniaturized >1GHz solutions use U.FL SMT connectors.

HRS (HIROSE)|U.FL-R-SMT(01)|RECEPTACLE, SMT, U.FL | Farnell United Kingdom

These are found in bluetooth, and Wlan cards, and I've used em for a couple of projects, simply because I have a few on some scrap laptop WLAN cards, and the cable assemblies/adapters are cheap.

Without a picture, I can only speculate.

Thank you for your answer!

Well, thats not the one... I will try to ask her a photo... I will post the photo here ASAP.

This CRC9 male look like it would connect on the one on the USB pen:
**broken link removed**

But I don't know if that is the one...

The USB connector looks a lot like this one (could be the one... I don't know...) on the Huawei pen:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back