Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Designing Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

horwichg

Hello All,
I'm new the the forum, and I was hoping for some help.
I am trying to design a circuit, but I don't know where to start.
I have a device that emits a high pitched, loud sound at random times.
I was hoping to create a device that could turn on an LED when the sounds occurs. The problem is that I can't open the device, so I can't tie directly into the speaker.
I was thinking I would need to have a microphone, filtered in some way to only trigger the LED when the specific frequency is detected.
My final issue is that it needs to be as small as possible.
I was hoping you could help me out.
Thanks all

Thank you Flat5
Do you know if there is any way to have the sound trigger isolated to a single frequency?

Thank you Flat5
Do you know if there is any way to have the sound trigger isolated to a single frequency?

The ubiquitous 567 tone decoder is a popular device for singling out audio with a single frequency. It will drive an LED directly (20 mA). Link below:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back