Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help designing/building a.....circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muertoloco

To start off I have no electronic training so please forgive me. I have a turbo charged car (1985 Dodge Daytona turboZ) and when I step on the gas I don't get instant power, this is because I have to wait for the turbo to "spool up" and since I have an intercooler it takes longer because the intercooler is a restricting the airflow from my turbo to my throttle body. I want to put a "bypass valve" between my intercooler outlet and my throttle body inlet. I want to make this valve out of a electronic throttle body (**broken link removed**) . I want to use the output signal from my MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor - MiniMopar Resources) to open and close the valve. When I turn the car on I want the valve to be open (which to me looks like I need some sort of driver to create the pulse widths/duty cycle to keep the valve open) and when the output volts of my MAP sensor reaches 2.60v (which is ≈ 1lb of boost) it will close the current to the valve and in turn close the valve, and when the output of the MAP sensor is less then 2.60v it will open the current to the valve and open the valve. Can you guys help me out, I'm hoping I can get everything I need at radio shack, and you guys would let me know what to buy, I have a friend who repairs R/Cs so he can solder for me. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back