Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! Designing a SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun

Hi!
i am new in the eletronics and i wish to make a SMPS of output rating 12VDC-1Amp and input anything from 180V to280VAC,can someone please help me in getting the schematics and other related information for the same. Waiting for reply

varun said:
Hi!
i am new in the eletronics and i wish to make a SMPS of output rating 12VDC-1Amp and input anything from 180V to280VAC,can someone please help me in getting the schematics and other related information for the same. Waiting for reply

There are lots of suitable chips for SMPS use, the main problem is likely to be the transformer. If you go to rswww.com and search for TDA4605-2 there's a link to a datasheet, which gives an example of a PSU for a TV. For your application the only change would be to the secondary of the transformer.

But if you're new to electronics, perhaps an SMPS isn't a good place to start? - it's the sort of project which can get through a serious amount of blown parts until you get it right - plus it obviously has dangerously high voltages.

thanks for the help!

hi! NEIGL
thanks for the help and but the sit u mentioned is off line right now,i'll check it later and hopefully trouble u later in the future .hope u'll not mind.

bye

sorry

Hi! NIGEL GOODWIN
Sorry for the spelling mistake in the name ,hope u dont mind it any way :?

500W SMPS using SG3525 100khz

this is a very reliable smps, underrate it for any use.
the magnetics are a bit difficult to wind, but can be done.

see the SG3525 based SMPS
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back