Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP! Countdown Timer with buzzer using 74xx IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art_bits

Hi guys! Can any one help me how to make a countdown clock timer (MM:SS) .. We have a project that has to create a countdown timer with buzzer, but I don't have enough knowledge about doing such things that's why I'm seeking for your help...
The timer can be set for xx min. For example 90 mins and press start. It has to count down from 90 to 0 and trigger an alarm after 90 mins for 1 minute.
I thinking of using 4 seven-segment (2 for Minutes and 2 for Seconds), and a button to set the time, Stop, Reset Buttons,
an LED will turn on when the count reaches 0:00

Using any 74xx family chips IC and other IC.. I need schematic for this!...
Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
Is this a school project? It may belong in a different forum.

I'd start by selecting the counter. It must have a load function and the ability to count down. Then, you'll need a way to detect and reset/carry the count. Take a look at a 74192.

Try getting one digit to work. Set a digit, count down to zero, stop counting and trigger a buzzer.

Or make a circuit that triggers the buzzer for one minute. My point is to break the project into smaller projects. Then the project won't seem as daunting.

This is not a simple beginner's project. In particular, what method are you going to use to preset the counters? The basic counter circuit is not difficult, but the user interface could double the parts count.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back