Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Component Identification (SMD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While trying to change a tactile switch on my Advance Personal Vaporizer (E-cig), a stray solder burnt a component. Now it still fires but on a half power. Can anyone help me identify this component and its value? Thanks.

2d8pc2c.jpg

Note: The sample on the pic is not burnt. The burnt component is the same on the other side of the PCB but it was charred.

It is a inductor (coil).
You probably need to have a good part off the PCB to measure it with a inductance meter. You will also need to know its resistance which can be measured in place.

ronsimpson : thanks for the reply. Sadly I don't have an LCR or Osci to be able to measure its inductance. I think i'll go and look for friends who does have one. Are there any ill effect if I put on an inductor with a different inductance? I have salvaged inductors from motherboards and such with almost the same size, though some of them have exposed coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back