Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help bulding Class ab amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisancak1

hello everyone
am trying to design a class ab amp ...
32W @ 8 ohm
i choose tip 31 and tip 32 Am I on the right track?

For the drive transistors, sure...

i basically design my first class ab amp. like this. What should i change to gain 32W ?

devre.jpg

Attachments

• devre.jpg
    devre.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Pretty well most of it, but for a start where's the negative feedback?.

You're also missing an input transistor if you're going with that kind of old design.

There is no DC current path to Q1 emitter / Q11 base.

i add another bjt but i still can not get 32W from r8 . i shoul miss something ? . i get almost 1mW @ r8

View attachment 59981

You can't just randomly throw an extra transistor in there - it needs connecting properly - why not just look at existing circuits like that?.

There's still no proper feedback - which MUST be DC, with lower AC feedback to give AC gain. If you're hoping for 30W your emitter resistors are also too high.

Here's an example of an excellent design, the Leak Stereo 70 - which provided a GOOD 35W in to 8 ohms, at high quality and low distortion - a classic quality design of it's day.

Attachments

• Stereo70.png
    Stereo70.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
32W into 8 ohms is 45.3V peak-to-peak. Add maybe 6V for losses after you fix your serious losses with the high value emitter resistors and tiny output capacitor. Then the supply must be 51.3V.

But your supply is only 12V so you are lucky to get only 1W into 8 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back