Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP!] Atmel 89C52 interfacing with Maxim DS1307?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhoi37

Dear All,

I am looking for an help from you guys to code Atmel 89C52 microcontroller interfacing with DS 1307 RTC.

Problem is I've lost the earlier source code (used for an LED board to give real time date/time).

And I don't really remember the LED details (serial info, code, etc of last year effort). How to redo the same, could anyone help me on this?

Note:

LED has some real time data display problem coming from the RTC code, needs a reflash. But now source code is missing!!! :confused:

Regards,
Sukhoi37

penoy_balut said:
1307 uses I2C protocol to read or write to its registers

Thanks for response, I do know DS 1307 uses I2C protocol. Any suggestions on how to get started with it?

Su37

Hi,
i haven't work with AVR microntrollers. i just work with pic's. but i know DS1307 very well and i have made a clock and calender with DS1307 and pic microcontroller so if you have problem with this IC, i will help you but i can't help you in code(because you work with AVR)

sukhoi37 said:
Thanks for response, I do know DS 1307 uses I2C protocol. Any suggestions on how to get started with it?

Su37

many sites discuss about I2C, basically it works by sending start condition, like waking up I2Cs on data line, then clock in device address, after the ninth clock leading edge read SDA for acknowledgement from I2C, if low you can now clock memory address, similar to device address wait for acknowledge and then clock out data, address is automatically incremented if you want to read further, if not then send stop condition signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back