Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: ARM9 based dev kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuke

Hi all`
I am a newbie in the embedded area, recently we started an experimental project, and for this project we need an ARM9 based development kit, with the SDRAM of at least 64M, ethernet, audio and LCD connection. I have been looking around for a long time and found nothing exactly meets my requirement. Since you guys have much more experiences in this area than me, would you plz recommend one to me? thanks a lot! -

Wuke

Last edited:
Hi wuke! Welcome to the forum.

I bet you could find something useful at Technologic Systems PC/104 Single Board Computers and Peripherals

At least one of their boards should fit your requirements.

Good luck!

Torben

EDIT: Specifically, the TS-7000 series should help you. I use the TS-7400 at work for local intelligent power control, but others (such as TS-7200 or TS-7800) may better fit what you need.

Last edited:
Hi all`
Hello Terben!
thanks for your kind recommendation! It really helps!
And beside your recommendation I finally found one kit named AT2440 yesterday at Hiteg home
. What do you guys think of it?
I think it would be perfect for me. The board is nice, it meets all
of my requiremenst, and contains all the necessary accessaries. The
price is reasonable. And the company in China would provide me English
instruction files, so I can modify it by myself in the future and learn
more about the embedded things.
I found that development kits from China are really cheap, maybe you guys should try this Hiteg home next time when you need some boards.

Wuke

Hello Wuke,
Nice to meet you here.
I have bought a VGA2410 DEV board from the development.net too. And I totally agree on what you said. They are that good. I can absolutely not complain their products and service.
However when I received this board I was required by the Fedex express to pay some duty payment...
Did you also pay that?
Please answer my question, thank you.

Hi all`
Hello Terben!
thanks for your kind recommendation! It really helps!
And beside your recommendation I finally found one kit named AT2440 yesterday at Hiteg home
. What do you guys think of it?
I think it would be perfect for me. The board is nice, it meets all
of my requiremenst, and contains all the necessary accessaries. The
price is reasonable. And the company in China would provide me English
instruction files, so I can modify it by myself in the future and learn
more about the embedded things.
I found that development kits from China are really cheap, maybe you guys should try this Hiteg home next time when you need some boards.

Wuke

At a quick glance, that board seems expensive for what you get. Then again, as a development board maybe that's OK. The feature set I need is different. For what we do, that thing would be a waste as it has a bunch of features which would be useless to us and is expensive.

The really nice thing about Technologix is that there is an active online community using the boards, and you can call the company and speak to one of their engineers if you get really stuck. Having the company in North America with native English-speaking engineers and support is important.

Before you buy the board, check out what kind of support and online community it has available. That can make all the difference between a good experience and you cursing the day you ordered the thing. Trust me, I know. :)

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back