Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help about RF power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

contau

I need a RF power supply circuit to reduce noise at 100Hz. I used 780x but it make noise so much. anyone can help me?

Your question does not make any sense.

What is an "RF power supply" ? I have never heared of such a thing.

How will an RF power supply reduce noise at 100hz?

Why is a 780x so noisy? Are you sure that it was decoupled properly?

JimB

i need a supply to transmit FM signal up to 1W.i used 780x but performence of FM is not good. received audio has the tone "ooooeeee " not like when using pin. i think that the reason for tone is the problem of supply.

There is no reason why a 780x should not work OK.

Ensure that it is decoupled on the input and output pins, as per the datasheet.

Other possibilities are that RF from your 1 watt transmitter is getting onto the supply line and upsetting the regulator, this will be due to poor layout/decoupling/screening.

JimB

when i used pin supply, the audio signal was quite nice . but when replace the supply by 780x for larger power in same PCB, it became so bad (tone "oooeee").i can't reduce this noise .

You can simplify the circuit by removing all the parts to the right of the 9v power source.

Never seen such a bazaar coupling, between VCO tank to drive output amp.

No way you would get 1 w output from that circuit.

2N2222 is an audio / switching device with Ft peaking at about 250-300 MHz at 20 mA. You will not get much gain out of it at 100 MHz.

Last edited:
You can simplify the circuit by removing all the parts to the right of the 9v power source.

Never seen such a bazaar coupling, between VCO tank to drive output amp.

No way you would get 1 w output from that circuit.

2N2222 is an audio / switching device with Ft peaking at about 250-300 MHz at 20 mA. You will not get much gain out of it at 100 MHz.

the above circuit i simulated and its power is up to 1.2W . it has a little difference from practical circuit. i forgot some problem when post that picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back