Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help a Rookie Build an IR Illuminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sscheck

I am trying to build an IR Illuminator for my daughter's room so that the secret camera we have will work at night. I already bought 30 IR LED's and a 1watt 100ohm resistor. I know I need a power source but I don't know which one or how to set it up. I also don't know how to connect the IR LED to the resistor or the resistor to the power source. This is my first electronics project so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Well, this is a case where buying might get you there quicker, but there is some satisfaction in doing it yourself. In any case, bgmicro.com sells many different fully assembled IR illuminators.

To help you with the circuit, post the requirements of your IR led. Specifically, you need the forward current and voltage. At that point we'll help you with the power supply and current limiting resistor (which you may or may not need).

dare i tempt fate? What are you _really_ doing with this camera .... my intuition tells me that there is something not quite right about this.

I know it may sound like I have an alterior motive but I truly do have a camera in the smoke detector to make sure our nanny is treating our kids right. The only problem is that when the lights go out, you can't see anything.

The person I bought it from told me which resistor to get which I did. I just don't know how to connect it all together. I know I can buy one but I like learning new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back