Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! 4017 decoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitfish

:eek:Hi Folks,

I'm building a modulo 10 (decade) counter and was wondering how I would link a 4017 chip to a seven segment display. :confused:

Thanks for your time and support,

Steve

Thanks,

That helped quite a bit. I was just wondering, I'm using a 4017 chip as i can make it reset to zero after it reaches nine automatically so that it counts conitnously.

Is there a way to reset a 4029 to zero automatically? I know you can load zero and make a flying wire briefly high but obviously this means manually reseting.

I'm afraid I only have johnson series and I'm not really sure what is meant by readout but I want it to be displayed on a 7 segment disply.

What do you want to appear on the 7-segment display?

I realise you have absolutely no idea what you want, that's why you have to provide a lot more detail if you want assistance.

So, you want digits to appear on the 7-segment display and not just a single segment to illuminate - as would be the case if you connect a 4017 to the display.

So, you cannot use a 4017 without a lot of diode gating.

You need another chip.

You need a CD 4026. It actually has current limiting (some of the brands)and can be connected directly to a 7-segment display.

Thanks a lot colin. You're a hero! I was just wondering If you could use a 4029 chip in some way to do the same thing. I'm doing an electronics course over the internet and need to show an alternative way of creating a project.

Thanks for your superdooper help anyway,

Steve

Thanks a lot colin. You're a hero! I was just wondering If you could use a 4029 chip in some way to do the same thing. I'm doing an electronics course over the internet and need to show an alternative way of creating a project.

Thanks for your superdooper help anyway,

Steve

Easy with the diode matrix circuit.

What about the diodes for 0, 1, 2, 3, 4,,5, 6, 7, 8, 9

See, it's a much bigger task than you thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back