Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help 14Vdc or 15 Vdc to 12 V dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

afen_ho

need help,

i want get 12VDC from 14 or 15VDC power source.

i put strobe led in my car , but the flashing is fail when i start the engine. but If the engine is turn off the flashing is OK

engine off power between 11 - 12 V
engine On power between 13 - 14.8 v ( alternator charge the battery ).

thanks

12 volts at how much current? How much current does the strobe draw? If the current draw is low enough it could be as simple as a 12 volt zener diode.

Ron

I think the problem is that the battery voltage goes down while the engine is cranking or the strobe is connected to the "accessory" line which turns off during cranking. Bottom line: I'm not sure what the real problem is.

I think the problem is that the battery voltage goes down while the engine is cranking or the strobe is connected to the "accessory" line which turns off during cranking. Bottom line: I'm not sure what the real problem is.

I thought about that, and should have asked. I came away with strobe doesn't work when engine is running when the system voltage is elevated.

i put strobe led in my car , but the flashing is fail when i start the engine. but If the engine is turn off the flashing is OK

Does say "when I start the engine"? Beats me. I also interpret strobe to be like a strobe as in a xenon tube.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back