Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help......... 12C509A hex back to asm????

Status
Not open for further replies.

egg0900

Does anyone know how to convert this hex program file back to asm so i can be able to burn it to other chips? You see i read another chip for wich a program i would like to copy and i saved it..... but, when i tried to write it to another it did not work......would anyone know how to disassemble the hex code to determin what needs to be changed to complete my project?

Attachments

• reader.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 406
egg0900 said:
Does anyone know how to convert this hex program file back to asm so i can be able to burn it to other chips? You see i read another chip for wich a program i would like to copy and i saved it..... but, when i tried to write it to another it did not work......would anyone know how to disassemble the hex code to determin what needs to be changed to complete my project?

My programmer software, WinPicProg, will disassemble it, here's the resultant source code - which looks a little strange?.

Attachments

• readersource.zip
    613 bytes · Views: 409
:wink:

It took me a while to twig..... but you know why the asm looks weird..... the hex is from a code protected 508x, the first 64 words are never code protected (remember this if you are selling a 508 with less than 64 words).

egg0900, you need to read an un-code protected part..... if I was a cynic........ 8)

Hope this helps

reader

is their anything i can do? I am constructing a door lock control module with a magnetic card. It will only read track two so their for i have a file i have downloaded from microchip but , i cant seem to get it to work...

Attachments

• reader_with_pic.zip
    157.8 KB · Views: 345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back