Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hello.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinsoon

hello to all here.... i am new here... my fren intro me to this forum.... so hope that can make more new frens with the same interest here...

i have a question about capacitor... how can a capacitor supply a negative voltage after it has been charged ??????

Use a "charge-pump" IC like an ICL7660 to make a negative supply from a positive one.

oo....

does that mean that there must be an external circuit or device to cause the reversal of capacitor voltage? this question is about a topic regarding the SCR turn off where they actually use a capacitor to provide a negative voltage so that the SCR is reverese biased..... so that is possible with the ways you mentioned is it???

anyway, thanks for the reply....

Re: oo....

chinsoon said:
does that mean that there must be an external circuit or device to cause the reversal of capacitor voltage? this question is about a topic regarding the SCR turn off where they actually use a capacitor to provide a negative voltage so that the SCR is reverese biased..... so that is possible with the ways you mentioned is it???

It's done using a second SCR, the capacitor is connected between the two SCR's. It works like a bistable, with only one being turned ON at a time, the act of turning the second one ON dischares the capacitor through the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back