Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Hi everyone,

Just discovered this site, and have been looking to find an electronics specific forum where I could share info and ask questions, and help out where I can as well.

I'm an electronic engineer from South Africa. I currently work as a kind of 'jack-of-all-trades' engineer, involved in the full design cycle of mainly embedded products. In total I have been working professionally in electronics for 7 years now.

In my spare time I dabble in some robotics and quadcopter stuff - but less than I would like to.

...and thats me in a nutshell. Looking forward to adding to this community :)

Welcome.
Can you attach a picture of you quadcopter? or robot
I think many of us would like a copter but no time and no money.

Not the greatest image, but this was the first attempt I made. Just with kit electronics, its now taken a few knocks and is in need of repairs, plus I need to make a proper protection cage for it.

I recently bought Beaglebone black, which I'm gonna start tinkering with once it arrives, and hopefully turn that into a beast of a controller.

Attachments

• quadv1.jpg
    quadv1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 376
Welcome;
Nice quadcopter.
What kind of robotics are you in to?
Ok I made it all sound better than it is. Mainly its just my very basic quadcopter stuff. I have virtually no time for these things, but I'm have an inverted pendulum on the way, veeeerrrrrrrrrry slowly though. Nothing to actually show yet.

Cicero,
You can click on your name (top right of the page) and add "South Africa" to your location. This helps everyone know what part of the world you are at. There are some of your neighbors here.

Hi,

My name is James Marsh and have been writing for about a lot years. It is my hobby as well profession. I Would be awesome to be a more active member of the community and get to know people instead of sticking to the shadows. I also just say that everybody should have a good behavior to others to inspire their hearts and healthy relations.

Well hello.
Do please tell what is your interest in electronics?
Where did you say you were from, Texas?
From your accent you do not sound like a Texan.

JimB

PS, it is not cool to hijack someone elses thread, why did you not start one of your own?

Mr. JimB,
I am not interested to do these kind of things. However, I have a great interest in Electronics and have written some articles related to this. Often, I solve the problems myself in my electronics things.

And sorry, you are from near Scotland then how should you know about the accent of the Texans?

What articles have you written about electronics?

how should you know about the accent of the Texans?
I have been to Texas, once many years ago,and I have met many Texans in various parts of the world.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back