Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, new here + cool electronic art links

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent420

High all - Somehow overlooked your great forum here, just jumped over from BT. Electronics has been a hobby of mine since I was old enough to take stuff apart, I just recently started putting it back together :D I like the old school stuff (built a couple **broken link removed** etc.) , the modern stuff (atmel avr's are my bread and butter right now) and the unusual stuff (got an avr timing an old NYC traffic light and pedestrian signal in the living room, complete with graffiti). I guess my **broken link removed** at BT kindof says what I like...

I see you guys are into a bunch of great projects and topics - and I've got some reading to do...

Anyway, I've collected some (I think) rather interesting links where the aesthetic or artistic value of a project is what it's all about. If any of these have been posted here before, my apologies in advance.

Here we go:

**broken link removed** has some cool stuff, but the layout is pretty odd... Click the 'How do you find anything here' link for a list of his electronic works.

The Wooden Mirror is amazing :eeek:
830 square pieces of wood, 830 servo motors, control electronics, video camera, computer, wood frame.

I'm not sure if I ever would have thought of **broken link removed**
In this project, a precursor to Lifeblood, I used a row of eight air tubes placed in the bottom of the water tank to write out alphanumeric symbols one at a time. The video shows a small segment of a long, poetic statement. ThinkTank is pictured here writing "AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR."
Guy Marsden - Electronic Artwork - This guy used an lcd as a shipping label to mail a plastic art contest entry to Wired Magazine.

**broken link removed**

Tim Hunkin

He's got funky contraptions at the Under the Pier Show

Artbots - the robot talent show. The entries are under the 'Participants' link. Be sure to check out the previous shows as well. So far I think my favorite is the Shockbot:

...The Computer sends control-signals to the robot and therefor the robot moves to a random point in the computer hardware and by contact creates a short-circuit...

With increased damage of the computer the control-signals get impaired affecting the correct function of the shock-bot and finally leading to a complete system crash.
:D

AlexAndromeda

**broken link removed**, home of the **broken link removed**.
The Lightning Organ is a musical sculpture that produces sound by controlling the audible pitches of visible electrical arcs.

Bruce Cannon

Ken Feingold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back