Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majik

I have very little experience so I'm very sorry if anything I say sounds at all stupid or has previously been discussed, the search engine is returning far too many results and it would help if someone was talking directly talking to me.

OK... I guess the beginning is a good place to start.
I have a lung training apparatus that I need to wash and dry frequently so I set of to build a small drying box. I've made the box and planned the heating system but I'd like to put a fan to regulate the heat and if it's not too complicated, use a heat sensor to control the fan.

I did a little studying on electronics a while ago but its lost from my mind.
If anyone could be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be great and you would have my upmost gratitude.

Thanks
Miles.

Do you just require the fan to come on at a certain temperature, and go off again at another one ? or do you need it's speed to be proportional to the temperature ?

What voltages/currents are you working with ?

tunedwolf said:
Do you just require the fan to come on at a certain temperature, and go off again at another one ? or do you need it's speed to be proportional to the temperature ?

What voltages/currents are you working with ?

I'm not quite sure as yet, tomorrow the heating system will be set up and I will be able to know for sure, I'll get back to you on that one if that's ok.

I will be using this pc fan.
**broken link removed**

Adjustable would be the best.

Edit: If it wouldn't get too complicated of course.

Last edited:
try googleing for "fan temperature circuit". the first page has a number of decent circuits and the first hit, https://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN1125.pdf , looks fairly easy. maxim will actually send you samples of the chips you would need. go to the maximic site. look for each chip and click on sample. hopefully they are all available in dip packages.

the next link looks easier.

edit: eschew incomprehensibility

Last edited:
How abut a mercury type thermostat for a household air conditioner. It would operate a relay ay any voltage up to 24 volts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back