Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello! I have a project I need help with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Hi guys and gals!

I am an industrial design student working on my senior project. I have stumbled across something I think will be great. I can't give out too much information about the final project, but I need help with the electrical part.

I am working with a complex (at least in my mind) idea, electircally. I have an object, similar to an electric toothbrush, or an electric shaver. I need this to have a few key features.
1: A variable motor controller (DC, Brushed, digital if not to complicated)
and
2: An Induction Battery charging circuit (if thats needed)

My design has a two UI buttons. An On/Off/Pulse Button and a wheel to control speed.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Nose hair trimmer? :D

Last edited:
Variable speed electric toothbrush? :)

1: A variable motor controller (DC, Brushed, digital if not to complicated)
and
2: An Induction Battery charging circuit (if thats needed)

#1 depends on the motor size and motor type.

#2 is up to you but if you want induction charging an electric toothbrush is a good place to start. Seriously, hack an electric, rechargeable toothbrush.

The problem with projects where the builder is reluctant to give information be it for proprietary reasons or whatever is that it is difficult for anyone to give good advice or help. Everyone is left guessing what you are after.

Ron

I may end up doing exactly that. With the toothbrush. I realize that being vague makes it harder to receive help, but I must, because I don't know who will be reading this.

As fa as the motor size, I'm thinking between 6V-10V, I really dont have anything set in stone yet.

I may end up doing exactly that. With the toothbrush. I realize that being vague makes it harder to receive help, but I must, because I don't know who will be reading this.

Why would it matter who's reading this? Would it be considered cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back