Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello and Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcode

I would like to start by saying hello to everyone before asking my first question.

I am quite new to working with electronics I usually stick to industrial controls but my gf found a 200 in 1 circuit lab at a yard sale for about $7.00 bucks and brought it home a couple of weeks ago and I loved playing with it. and I just received a R.S.R Electronics PAD234A from ebay witch is pretty cool and looks like it will be lots of fun.

but anyway I would like my first project to be a sensor tester for at work they seem really simple but was wondering if someone could help me get started ?

Well, there are more than one kind of sensor, so it's a bit hard to answer. What one does is get the spec sheet on the device and devise a proceedure that verifies that the sensor actually does what it is supposed to.

Welcome aboard. As mentioned already - let us know more.

It would seem that a variable DC power supply might be a useful addition to your bench if you don't already have one. You might consider something like that. For safety and convenience you might use an existing DC supply or batteries as the input.

Glad you liked the 200 in 1 kit. Lots of learning in those things. So many people dismiss them as kids toys.

yeah the 200 in 1 is great. I built a 0 to 30 vDC variable power supply for my first kit project cause I figured I would need it.

Its pretty cool it has a current limiting feature where you can set an allowable amount of current, I'm not sure how that works yet but it's pretty neat.

But about the sensor tester i should have been more precise. I work with mainly all PLC based automated equipment (car industry mainly) so a lot of my peers have purchased these simple 24vdc 3 pin sensor tester for testing just standard prox's and reed switches.

They just power the prox and tell you via LED's if the prox is PNP or NPN and also if the battery is low. most of them are two 9 volts putting out 18vdc.
but one guy there has one that has 6 AA's and it puts out a full 24vdc by using a DC to DC converter.

I would like to attempt the 24vdc one but if I get the logic for the simple one I can adjust for the voltage later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back