Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HEF4067B 16-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
A regular mux/demux expects digital inputs/outputs, say 0V/5V for a TTL signal.

The 4067 is a analog mux/demux, its inputs can vary from 0V thru +Vs, where +Vs is the supply to the 4067.
It can also work with -V and +V supply voltages.

So with a 4067 you could select and control for example audio or video signals

EDIT:
Its also bi-directional for the analog inps/outs

Last edited:
It can also be used to multiplex digital signals, if desired, but is not optimum for that.

It can also be used to multiplex digital signals, if desired, but is not optimum for that.

hi Carl.
I would have thought this line would have covered that point.
its inputs can vary from 0V thru +Vs, where +Vs is the supply to the 4067.

Eric

can i use with a PIC Micro controller to send data (HIGHs and LOWs) to generate desired out puts?

You can set the 4067 address lines and control pins using a PIC if required, you can then select the data paths thru the 4067.

Tell us what you are trying to do.?

i am trying to build a score board and using multiplexing method I can run 16 seven segments

but I need to activate my 7segments(common cathode) by drawing power by NPN transistors.
all the base pins from transistor am trying to connect to HEF4067 and using only 4pins from PIC
i am planing to do this task.

hi Carl.
I would have thought this line would have covered that point.
its inputs can vary from 0V thru +Vs, where +Vs is the supply to the 4067.

Eric
Yes it does, for a engineer.;) I was just emphasizing the point in case it was missed.

And in the missed points arena: display segments are already digital in nature, even when varying brightness through PWM... (teehee) <<<)))

should I attach a resistor to pin Z ?

what would be that value?
how could i calculate it..
I am using BC548 on the other side of Z which are 16 outputs

should I attach a resistor to pin Z ?

what would be that value?
how could i calculate it..
I am using BC548 on the other side of Z which are 16 outputs

Post a circuit diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips